Did you know that if you change the way you think, it will change the way you feel, which will then change the way you act, and ultimately the way you choose to live? This is great news, if we already have a healthy positive thought life. If we tend to think negatively, well then, we’ve got some work to do.
This week’s video is by Dr. Caroline Leaf. She has a Masters and PhD in Communications Pathology. Dr. Leaf has researched the human brain for over 20 years and teaches with a particular emphasis on unlocking its vast, untapped potential. She is brilliant, beautiful, and a very strong Christian. Dr. Leaf’s teachings are backed up by Scripture, which is what I love most about her professional ministry.
This video was filmed during an interview with Dr. Leaf and Joyce Meyers on the Enjoying Everyday Life program. Although it includes a few technical “brain-y” medical terms, the information is fascinating and essential for creating a healthy thought life.
Here are some amazing facts that Dr. Leaf talks about in this video. Did you know…
* You have over 100 trillion nerve cells in your brain.
* When you have a negative thought, you actually grow a “thorn” on one of your nerve cells.
* Because you are created in the image of God, your brain is naturally wired to think positively.
* Your brain performs over 400 billion acts per second.
* Your intelligence has no cap! You determine how smart you can become by choosing to continue learning new things.
Wow! Don’t you feel smarter already? Click on the link below and if you can, grab a pen and paper to take some notes.
Video – Dr. Caroline Leaf
2010-07-14, Joyce Meyer – Your Brain and You (Dr. Caroline Leaf & Joyce Meyer).© Copyright 2010 Dr. Leaf. All rights reserved.
Wasn’t that a great video? Now, to remember what we learned, lets take some action steps:
1. Be sure to ask/answer/discuss this information within the next 48 hours.Otherwise, it will get stored in the la-la-land of our brains. Note: I have lots of “stuff” stored in the la-la land of my brain.
2. Let’s memorize this Scripture verse:
Romans 12:2 (GW)
3. Pass this video along to a friend, sister, mother, daughter, or anyone who you think might benefit from it, so they can start renewing their mind too.
Let’s do something fun! I’m giving away a copy of “Who Switched off My Brain” and would love for you to win. I read this book last year and by applying what I’ve learned plus memorizing Scripture, it has drastically changed the way I think. I want you to experience that same change too – and you can!
To qualify for the giveaway, leave a comment below, sharing something that you’re struggling with in your thought life right now. Or, share something that you’ve been able to overcome, because you chose to change your thought patterns and to renew your mind with God’s Word.